Monday, September 7, 2009

Just a Note

Here's a 10-minute card made with a cute piece of cardstock from DCWV's The Green Stack. The beaver, which was part of the paper design, was cut out with a circle punch. The "ribbon" along the bottom of the patterned paper was also part of its design. My card was just a matter of layering the beaver on a cardstock circle and scalloped circle, adding a few brads to the "ribbon," and adding a simple sentiment. Believe me, it took much longer to decide what to do with my paper pieces than it did to assemble the card itself. I'm thinking this will be a good card to slip into one of the little boy's backpacks along with an encouraging message.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Cocoa, and Cranberry cardstock; DCWV The Green Stack; Cocoa ink pad; Verve Stamps Asian Flair stamp set; Red mini brads; Circle and scallop punches.

In a few minutes, Marv, Cameron, Sarah, Bjorn, Mathias, and I are leaving for a little day trip to Bemidji, which is about 90 miles from here. We have some school shopping to do for the little guys, and after that, we'll check out the sights. Bjorn and Mathias start school on Friday, Bjorn in Kindergarten and Mathias in Preschool. For now, Grandma better finish getting ready as not to hold up the show. Hope your day is a good one! Later...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the little beaver, I have the chipboard shapes, and love them! Have a fun day!

Leslie said...

So impressed with the speed of your card making. Do you get to take the boys to school on their first day? Will you get photos, lots and lots of photos? Have a great day shopping. EWWW yuk shopping. Better you than me, unless it's a craft store. Did I tell you my bank locked my debit card because I went to a clothing store AND bought sneakers on line (in China), they called it irregular or unusual activity for me. I had to call them and tell them YES, I actually went into a clothing store. TEE HEE.

Sarah said...

Super cute Kathi! I LOVE that stack..I have it in 9x9.
Hope you have a fun day.
I am laughing at Leslie's comment about going into a store!

Jeanne said...

What a fun card! Again, you see all the creative potential in the papers, while me...not so much. Good thing you don't mind when I copy your ideas. LOL At least I don't THINK you mind.

Hope you have had an awesome day with your boys!

BTW...I'm also laughing at Leslie's comment...*Ü*

Deborah Young said...

I love that paper stack! What a great idea - punching out the little beaver dude. ANd how true that the women have to wait for the men to get ready! grrrrr.....

Now I'm going to harass Leslie on her blog....tee hheeee...

Carolyn said...

Too cute! School shopping is fun.. well, any shopping can be fun. LOL Hope you had a great time!

Laurel said...

So cute Kathi!

Anonymous said...

This little guy is adorable!

AaronB said...

Great card!