Sunday, December 6, 2009

Amy’s Sketch

Amy's Sketch

Last night, I had the most fun I’ve had in a long time with a sketch challenge. The sketch was created by Amy, the daughter of my friend, Sarah, at Sarah’s Paper Tray. You can see Amy’s card for her sketch here. Isn’t it awesome?You can view all of her mom’s exquisite creations here.

I love to see mothers and daughters stamping together. Although we didn’t stamp together, my mom often took the time to do crafty things with me. She always encouraged me, too, regardless of how primitive my attempts were. I’ve often thought that had she not been willing to put up with my cut-and-paste messes, I very well might not do what I do today. And mom? Bless her heart, she still encourages me.

Holiday Jingle_2_December 2009

Here’s my card. Amy, if you will have your mom email me your snail mail address, I’d love to send it to you.

As for card details, I was tickled pink to find a circle punch in the drawer that is the same size as the ornament. I never learned to cut around circles very well. Oh, and of course, I used foam tape to stick it to the card. The poinsettias are from Hero Arts. The centers are gold Bitty Brads. Love those little buggers even if they make me feel like I’m “all thumbs” when I use them. LOL.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, New England Ivy, and Cranberry cardstock; Everlasting paper packet; Cranberry and New England Ivy ink pads; Holiday Jingle stamp set; Hero Arts Poinsettias; Gold Bitty Brads; Martha Stewart Branch punch; 3M foam mounting tape.

I have a couple more sketch challenge cards to share later. In the meanwhile, I'm going to get at my chores. Cleaning up my corner is one of them. Man, I can still make a mess. LOL. Hope your day is a good one. Later...

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

So pretty! I love the ho, ho, ho!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Kathi...she LOVES it. I told her you were going to send it to her and she was so excited! Thanks for playing along. I am going to post the cards and Amy's pick, in a few moments.

Alanna said...

Great card Kathi. I love it and you totally rocked Amy's sketch.

I hope you have a great Sunday.

Laurel said...

I love this, I need that stamp set!

mE said...

Kathi -

This is DIVINE! I love it! I love the way you placed the HO HO HO and the ornament hanging down thru all the O's. I'm off to check out Sarah's dd's card, too!

INky Smiles!
Erin

Jeanne said...

Absolutely fabulous! Amy is one lucky young lady to be the recipient of such a wonderful card.

Loved your thoughts about how your mom encouraged you. My mom did the same for me and I try to encourage my girls as well. Nothing beats a mom's encouragement, right?

Carolyn said...

Awesome card! Love the... Ho Ho Ho!!