Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mad for Plaid

Angel Whispers_2_Jan 2010

Hi! Happy Hump Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Jeanne asked about the plaid background I created for this card, using Martha Stewart’s Clear Pattern Stamps set. To answer the question, there are two stamps in the set – a large plaid and a small plaid (the one I find so difficult to line up). I stamped the large pattern first in Cranberry and then the small pattern, using Blush ink.

Speaking of oh-so-talented and versatile Jeanne, she crafted that precious pink crocheted flower. The felt flowers were cut with Cuttlebug dies. As for that green ribbon, it neither matches nor clashes, so I used it. Coordinate. That’s the word!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Cranberry cardstock; Cranberry, Blush, and Topiary ink pads; Close To My Heart Angel Whispers and Thank You stamp sets; Martha Stewart Clear Pattern Stamps set; Grosgrain ribbon from Wal-Mart; White and Red felt; Crocheted flower: White Bigger Brad; Distressor Tool, Cuttlebug w/Flowers 2 dies.

I felt absolutely lousy when I woke up this morning and stayed home from work today. I feel much better this evening.

Reiterating my wish that your day has been a good one, I’ll sign off for tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I am hoarding Jeanne's flowers!!! That background looks awesome as does the green ribbon...in your picture it matches perfectly.
I am so sorry you feel bad today..and am glad you feel slightly better. If you had been in Des Moines today I doubt you would have gone to work anyways...the ice was pretty bad.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love your flower!

Sheila Bennett said...

Beautiful plaid background! And a truly lovely card.

Laurel said...

Oh this is so cute!

Jeanne said...

Okay now I must HAVE that stamp from Martha! I love it! Thanks for answering my question. And for your sweet words about me. You make me blush. Let me know when you need more flowers, okay?!

I adore this card. Really and for true.

I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well and hope you are back to 100% super fast!

Alanna said...

That plaid is so fabulous along with the rest of your card. Jeanne's flower looks great. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. Hopefully a day off did you the good you need.

Crafty Texan said...

Love this card!! It makes me smile. :)

Barb said...

I think you've done an awesome job with that stamp set. BRAVO!! Your card is very sweet and Jeanne's flowers are perfect on it. Feel better Kathi...cuz feeling bad really sucks.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card! Love the plaid background. Pretty flower!!
Glad you are feeling better!!