Friday, February 5, 2010

A Couple More

Ashley's Blossoms_Feb 2010

I’m finally showing you the last of the cards made during my recent stamping binge. Time to start over, which is exactly what I hope to do this weekend!

I used textured cardstock for this card, and I didn’t get a good image, which happens occasionally particularly if the image is large like this one. Not to worry. I just colored in the leaves and branches with a black marker, and drew in any missing flower elements with a black My Legacy Writer. You would not have been any the wiser had I not told you.

The flowers were colored with a marker. The open flowers have Christmas Red Stickles centers.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Tulip, White Daisy Textured, and Black Textured cardstock; Black inkpad; Black and Tulip markers; My Cute Stamps Ashley’s Blossoms stamp set; Christmas Red Stickles; EK Success Diamond Lace border punch.

Welcome Home_Feb 2010

This card was inspired by one in Close To My Hearts’ Autumn/Winter Idea Book. The little vase on the table is a solid stamp that I colored with markers. Practicing first on scratch paper, I found I got the best results if I colored and stamped the vase first, then the stem and leaves, and finally, the flower. Being able to see where you are stamping is truly the beauty of clear stamps. One more thing, a Bitty Brad made for a perfect knob for the drawer on the end table. Fun!

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Indian Corn Blue cardstock; Sweet Home paper packet; Indian Corn Blue, Garnet, Cocoa, and Bamboo ink pads; Indian Corn Blue, Olive, and Cranberry markers; Gold Bitty and mini brads; Sponge dauber.

Happy Friday! I didn’t think 4:15 would ever come today, and when it did, I certainly didn’t waste any time escaping the workplace. While I think the work ethic in America is great, I wouldn’t mind if they added a day to the weekend. Even a half a day …

Do you have plans for the weekend? As I said last night, mine are to stay close to home. Our weather is mild, and currently, Mother Nature can’t seem to decide between snow and rain. Snow would be preferable to the rain that will turn to ice.

For now, I’m off to my corner to see what I can drum up for Simple Saturday. Enjoy the evening, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

These are both beautiful Kathi! I am so jealous of your stamping binge...I seem to have been taken over by a serious case of the blahhhhs.
Your blog is always such a joy to visit.

Sparkplug17 said...

What lovely cards! I really like how the red flowers pop out.

Barb said...

Pretty cards, Kathi! Clever usage of the Bitty Brad! Aren't stamping binges the BEST! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Howdy! LOVE both of your cards, Kathi - and you are correct, I didn't know you had filled in on the first one - it looks just PERFECT!

The Home card is so inviting - I need to drag that set out again and play more - I think I only ever created one card with it! How sad is that?

I'm totally with you on the longer weekend idea - let's start a revolution! LOL

I guess I did that today, in a way. I left work at 4 PM for my Yoga class (YIPPEE). That's early for me as I'm usually there from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Seems to me like working 10 hours days should earn me an early release on Fridays, huh!

Hugs!

Jeanne said...

I love both your cards, Kathi! Lucky you to have had a stamping binge. I've not been out in my craft room to create since I cleaned it up. Bah! LOL And here you are creating beautiful cards up a storm.

I hope you have a wonderful couple of days off and get lots done!

Laurel said...

Very nice! I love the first card!

Deborah Young said...

These are fabulous! I love the red, black and white. Stunning! And the bitty brad - genious!
I'm going to empty my checking account today (new tires - yuck), spend some time with my mom, then go visit one of my little mentor girls who is home from college. Not so little - ha! Then hunkering down tomorrow - the high will only be 61! Brrrrr......tee hee hee

Carolyn said...

Hahahaha some companies give there employees 3 day weekends. My dentist for one.

Gorgeous cards Kathi! Love the vase of flowers on the table!
I need to go play. ;)