Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Green Saved the Day …

Floating Blossoms_June 2010

… or maybe it was just my card. For as long as it took me to make this card, it should be a real work of art. Instead, it’s just a work of heart that I really thought I was going to hate until I colored the leaves. A few splashes of green made all the difference.

I was inspired by a card here on the Hero Club Blog. Different stamps and different colors. The general theme, the same. Note I popped the bottom flower up with some foam tape.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Buttercup, and Indian Corn Blue cardstock; Indian Corn Blue ink pad; Hero Arts Floating Blossoms background stamp and CTMH Happy Birthday stamp set; KaiserKraft pearl accents; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol odorless mineral spirits; Blending stumps; 3M foam mounting tape.

The best part of my day was hugs and kisses from the two little guys before their daddy took them home after work tonight. The rest of the day was quite unremarkable with my mood a match for the dreary weather. Not terrible or anything. Just kind of blah. Tomorrow, sunshine or no sunshine, I’m going to decide to be happy before I get out of bed. After all, it’s all in the attitude!

Speaking of bed, that’s where I’m headed. It’s late … again. I hope your day was a good one and your Wednesday wonderful. Take care, friends, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh this is so soft and pretty!

Lori said...

What a pretty card. Nothing like hugs and kisses from the little ones. When you wake up tomorrow, let that be the first thing you think about. I bet your day will be full of smiles.

Sheila H said...

I like your card a lot!

Jeanne said...

Super card, Kathi! I really like the soft colors together. It's got a soothing feel.

Funny, I wasn't in the best of moods yesterday, and I think partly it was due to the gray weather. But you are so right, our attitude makes all the difference. It will be a happy day! *Ü*

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I love how you colored the flowers.

I do think our attitude plays a large part in how we feel for the day. Best of luck for a good day today.

Carolyn said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors!
It rained all day yesterday, sunny today and 90 by the weekend.
Have a great one!! :)