Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Stamping

Nature's Vein_Sept 2010

This my interpretation of Mojo Monday 155. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew what I wanted to do. While, as you know, my visions do not always work out so well, I am pleased with this card. There were moments when I did not think I would be, however. My first leaf (shown at the base of the card) was stamped with the same colors I used for the panels in the background – Gold Rush, Autumn Terracotta, and Barn Red. While it was pretty enough, it didn’t stand out. I tried again, replacing the Barn Red ink with Cranberry. What a difference it made! And, instead the brown grosgrain ribbon I had originally thought to use, I chose the brown dotted organdy with a tad more personality.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Autumn Terracotta, Barn Red, Goldrush, and Chocolate cardstock; CTMH patterned paper (retired); Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, Cranberry, Chocolate, and Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink stamp pads; Nature’s Vein and Thank You stamp sets; Ribbon from Wal-Mart; Gold mini brads; McGill Multi-tag punch; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Sanding block; Sponge dauber.

A Slice of Life: Back at work today, I picked up where I left off Friday. It was a good day. It felt really good to stamp tonight, too. Fun. Either that means moderate neatness is conducive to enjoyment and creativity, or I was simply in the mood. As I left my corner as neat as I found it, we’ll see what neatness means tomorrow night, providing I’m not all stiff and sore from bowling on the first night of the season. We will see how it goes. LOL.

School started here today, and I was tickled to hear that Bjorn and Mathias’ first days of Kindergarten and first grade were good ones.

How was your day? Only three days to go, and it will be the weekend again! Have a great Wednesday, friends, and thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Kathi! Yes, I love the cranberry ink on the leaf - and you're right about the ribbon - it does have more personality!! LOL It's a wonderful card!

First day of school - Wow. Kindergarden and 1st grade - already. The time just flies by!
Have fun bowling - and I'll see you soon -
Hugs!!

Laurel said...

Truly gorgeous!

Lori said...

Your leaf is gorgeous. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has to redo things to get them the way you want them to be.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Marie said...

This is so pretty. One of my faves!

news games said...

It is clear that you are passionate about what you do. This are very beautiful

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I adore the colors you used together and that focal leaf just looks fabulous.

mE said...

so darling Kathy!! I'm so ready for falll!

Jeanne said...

Oh so fabulous, Kathi! Love the personality ribbon and that leaf! You definitely made the right decision on that leaf! Wow.

Your slice of life sounds happy and productive. Hope you had fun bowling. Glad to hear the school year started off right for the boys so far. Yay for them!

Have a great day!

Sylvia said...

Great card! The leaves are just begining to turn here.

Leslie said...

Kathi, I can't get over that leaf. It is so real and lifelike. I probably ought to get that stamp set if it is still available. I was trying to find a decent leaf stamp last night and ended up with the ones with curly cues in them.
Beautiful card.
We have been in school for 3 weeks now.