Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Inspired by …

this gorgeous card on the Inspired By … blog.Wildflower Garden_Oct 2010 I stamped my Colonial White card base with a script stamp using Chocolate ink and then stamped the flowers with VersaMark, embossing them with clear embossing powder. I used sponges and ink from my Desert Sand and new Sky ink pads to color the background. The sponged distressing around the edges is Chocolate.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Chocolate cardstock; Chocolate, Desert Sand, Sky, and VersaMark ink pads; Clear embossing powder; Hero Arts Wildflower Garden and Thinking of You stamp sets; KaiserKraft pearl accents; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Labels 8 set; Embossing heat tool; Round sponges; Sponge dauber.

A Slice of Life: Our 10-10-10 birthday party came off without a hitch – kind of. While I was in the mood to make the birthday boy’s favorite cake – German chocolate with the traditional coconut/pecan frosting, I didn’t feel much like cooking, so I decided we’d order pizza (one of his favorite foods) from the establishment of his choice. Two hours before the appointed hour, however, I learned that he, Sarah, and the boys had eaten pizza for lunch. It turned out though that he’d actually wanted subs and the little guys had insisted on pizza. OK. We’ll have subs for supper, so I made a couple of quick calls to find out what everyone wanted and sent husband to Subway with a type-written, very detailed list of sandwich orders. In the end, everyone was happy, and I didn’t have to cook. LOL.

Taking a break from unpacking at their new house, Miranda and Dustin were at the party, too. Not having gained the excessive amount of weight that her mother-in-law did when she was pregnant, Miranda is getting rounder but isn’t nearly as large as I was. She feels great, too. The most recent ultrasound pictures of the baby are amazing. I have seen her little face and counted her tiny fingers and toes. I cannot wait to meet her and hold her in my arms in December or early January. What a wonderful way to end or begin a year.

Bjorn and Mathias stayed with us last night at Grandpa’s request. He’s going back to his truck-driving gig tomorrow and if the weather holds, won’t be around for the rest of the week and/or until the beet harvest is done. We had a good time. Bjorn has to read out loud every night. It’s fun to see his progress from week to week.

It goes without saying, I’ve worked the past couple of days. Busy.

I bowl tomorrow night, which means I may or may not have something to post. We’ll see…

Lastly, I hope you are having a good week. As always, thank you for stopping by, and know that it is YOU that keeps me coming back.

12 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Inspired by . . . I am inspired by YOU Kathi! Not just the beautiful art - but you are a beautiful person! :-)
Hugs!

Sylvia said...

Very nice card.

We are in Clear Lake Iowa. Not our intended destination for the day but the a/c in our car died and then the belt that controls everything broke and we didn't go anywhere. We got towed to a Chevy dealership. The parts should be here tomorrow. Thank goodness the car is still underway and thank God we had just gotten gas and when Jim went to drive the car he had an extremely hard time steering so we pulled behind Burger King and he looked under the hood and found the broken belt. So our day of meeting Kambrie in person will be delayed at least a day.

Aren't the new ultrasounds pics amamzing?

Sheila Bennett said...

Absolutely beautiful card! The script in the background adds such an elegant touch.

Lisa Stenz said...

Beautiful Kathy! Just my style. Your "inspired by" card has inspired me! Off to my corner to create something inspired by the always inspiring Kathy! *Ü*

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Sheila H said...

I love how you put the colors together and blended them. You are such a busy woman and yet you find time to be so creative!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful, Kathi! I love how all your details work so wonderfully together.

I'm glad your party was a success despite the slight change in menu. It sounds like life is treating your whole family just right these days. Something to be grateful for, for sure!

Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Marie said...

This card is so pretty. I'm amazed by all that you get done!

Anne said...

Gorgeous card! I also celebrated a 10-10-10 birthday! How fun! We didn't do too much as the 39 y/o birthday boy had a headache and stayed up WAY too late the night before!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOOD GOSH Kathi this card is amazing - LOVE IT....

I haven't had a chance to peruse all your wonderful artwork for a long time - it high time I make it a priority! :)

Barb said...

Your card is lovely, Kathi! Everything about it...from the script background, to the color combo, to the layout...it's just perfect!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card!
I second what Sharli said!!