Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It Will Move…

I picked up a copy of CardMaker Beautiful Things_Nov 2010magazine on the newsstand the other day and was inspired by the first card I saw when I quickly flipped through it. The gatefold is fun but what I really love is the verse and have someone special in mind for the card. What I didn’t have was the stamp (yet), so I did the next best thing …on my computer. Did you know that Stampin’ Up has discontinued its Kraft cardstock? Actually, I think what they did was rename it, “Biscuit,” and now there is ink to match, which I used to stamp the mountain scene in the background. I love the blues and brown with the Kraft ….er, Biscuit… cardstock. The card has a manly feel, too, which is good considering that special someone is a guy.

Materials & Tools: Stampin’ Up Biscuit cardstock; Basic Grey Granola 6x6-inch paper pad; Stampin’ Up Biscuit ink pad; Computer-generated sentiment; CTMH Beautiful Things stamp set; Outdoor Denim grosgrain ribbon.

A Slice of Life: I bowled this evening and had a couple of so-so scores before impressing myself (and a couple of other people) with a 172. I came home to Husband and a couple of sweet little boys, who were looking forward to story time and a little TLC from Grandma. At 8 p.m., however, they were ready for bed and were asleep within minutes of saying “Amen.” They are really tired after a full day of school. Marv came home last night and is going back to the hunting cabin tomorrow. As predicted, I was glad to see him. Busy every day at work, the week is flying by. A funny little story… I was going to get the boys’ suitcase from their dad before leaving work this afternoon. I stopped by Cameron’s desk on my way out of the office, and supposedly, he opened the hatch on their Explorer remotely from his desk. When I got to his truck, however, the only door that was open was the door on the driver’s side. Not wanting to take the time to figure out what button to push to open the hatch, I crawled in and over the seats to retrieve the suitcase. As I am a relatively spry old broad, all was fine until I attempted to back my way out and got wedged between the driver and passenger’s seats. I’m glad I was wearing pants, although I may not have attempted such a foolish fete in a skirt. Of course, I managed to pry myself out all the while hoping no one was watching. It must have been quite a sight. LOL.

Leaving you with a mental picture of my backside stuck between the seats of my kid’s truck, I’ll sign off for tonight. I hope you are having the best of days. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

I absolutely love your card.

That is pretty funny about you getting the boys' suitcase.

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card, Kathi! The sentiment on which will surely help your someone special.

Yep, I giggled at the thought of you crawling around for that suitcase. Good thing you were able to wriggle your way out on that one.

Congrats on the great bowling score.

Hope the rest of your week goes great!

Sheila H said...

Thanks for the laugh! I'm glad you managed to wriggle your way out. Your card is lovely.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the visual.... Hahaha
Beautiful card! Love the stamp!
I get CardMaker too. But I'm letting all my subs run out. Just gave a BIG stack of mags to a friend, but kept all the cardmaker mags. :)

Alanna said...

Your card is gorgeous Kathi. I love the blues with the new biscuit color.

That's a funny story about you getting in and out of the car. :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

First, I'm still laughing about your story - so I'll let you know how fun it was that you shared that moment! ;0

Your card is just perfect, Kathi. I love that stamp (beneath the sentiment) and the colors are great - it's a man-card alright, but in just the right way.

Hugs!