Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye, 2010

Thank You_Dec 2010

Truly, I should have saved this card for tomorrow’s Simple Saturday post, because I seriously doubt tomorrow’s offering will be faster or easier than this one was. When straightening up my desk this afternoon, I came across a couple of corners I had cut from a large, square paper doily. I had used the other two for a quick, bagger topper I made before Christmas – so last minute I didn’t have time to photograph it.

Anyhow, I ran the doily remnant through my Xyron, centered it on a 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 piece of Sky cardstock, stamped a sentiment from Close To My Heart’s Thank You stamp set with same color ink, and adhered it to a card base. It’s pretty even though it was shamefully easy to make.

A Slice of Life: After all of the activity of the past couple of weeks, today ended up being my day to crash. And I don’t mean crash in a bad way. All is good. I just didn’t do much of anything today. There wasn’t even a whole lot of brain activity.

I did talk to Dustin a couple of times. They were up all night last night with a crying baby, and tired beyond words, he was pretty much beside himself this morning. This afternoon’s conversation – after he had some sleep – was more positive. Of course, little Mari had been sleeping throughout the day as well. I wonder what tonight will bring. The first few days for first-time parents are always tough. They will get through it. Mari’s name, by the way, is pronounced MAR-ee with a short a and a long e.

I guess that is it for tonight. Bjorn and Mathias are staying with us tonight, and I have been summoned to the living room for fun and games. Happy New Year, my friends!

2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I continue to learn from you, my dear friend! I wouldn't have thought of using the xyron to put adhesive on a doily - but it would be very difficult to adhere one to the card properly otherwise! What a great idea! I love this card - it is simple, but it is amazing! Lovely.

HUGS!!!

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year, dear, sweet, wonderful friend! It's going to be full of special blessings!

I love your card. It took a creative mind to see the possibility of making a card with your left over doily and thanks for sharing how you ran it through your Xyron!

Oh gosh, I remember when the girls had their days and nights mixed up! I hope little Mari gets it sorted out soon for the new parents. {Yay, I was pronouncing it right when I read the name :) )

Have a wonderful first day of 2011!