Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shabby Chic

I made these cards a while back after seeing this technique on the Close To My Heart Bulletin Board. The technique, if I remember correctly, involves inking your stamp up with the lighter color you're using and then rolling the edges in the darker color. The image was stamped on Colonial White cardstock, with the background color filled in with a sponge. You just kind of play with it until you get a look that you like. I think it's kind of cool. It would make a nice background for old photos or possible new photos printed in sepia tones.

Materials & Tools (top card): Colonial White and Chocolate cardstock; Twilight, Chocolate, and Bamboo ink pads; Adorable Backgrounds and The Gift of Love stamp sets; Circle punch; Pewter mini brad, Round sponge.

Materials & Tools (bottom card): Colonial White cardstock; More to Adore paper packet; Blush, Chocolate, and Bamboo ink pads; Adorable Background and The Gift of Love stamp sets.

I've been in a creative slump the past couple of days. My brain is currently on overload, which makes me weary which is probably why nothing I try to do suits me. It's nothing a good night's sleep and a little sunshine won't cure. The sleep starts shortly, and according to weather.com, it's supposed to be 45 degrees and partly cloudy tomorrow, which, to an optomist, means it's going to be partly sunny. Thanks for stopping, and I'll see you tomorrow with something new!

5 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

I'm on overload, too, Kathi...but your cards sure don't look it!
Love the technique!

Jeanne said...

Must be a trend, I'm on overload but for digi. Your cards look fantastic though!

I worked on a layout which was assignment 1b and finished it, but I don't really like it (although I posted in the Gallery at JS and have received positive comments). Mainly I'm feeling growing pains and a bit of frustration at wanting to have a layout come together from scratch...which is totally NOT my forte....sigh...I will try again and maybe have something good to show for my efforts. I'm such a lifter that going out on my own is almost paralyzing. But it's good to stretch oneself, right?

Sheesh...sorry for the long comment.

I really do think this technique looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on here posting again. Great cards.
Treena

Kariberry said...

Very Pretty! I love the colors. =)

Maricar said...

These are great cards.
I've been out of town the last couple days and it was good to catch up with your blog again!