Thursday, August 30, 2007

Watercolor Fun



I bought these Lyra Water Soluble Wax Crayons a long time ago, and although I'd played with them a bit, I'd never actually made anything with them, because on regular cardstock they didn't work all that well. Recently, while cruising the aisles of Wal-Mart, I happened upon pads of inexpensive watercolor paper and picked one up, and tonight, I learned that watercolor paper is exactly what was needed to make these crayons do what I wanted them to do. To use them, you color right onto the stamp and then mist it with water before laying it down on your paper. Although I don't know if it was necessary, I misted the paper lightly, too. I am relatively happy with the result even though the orange/blue color combination is a bit out of character for me. Now I'm anxious to play around a little more and try making some fall leaves cards using these crayons. I'll share what I come up with.

No comments: