Saturday, September 1, 2007

Best of Times

This is my first card with the new "Best of Times" stamp set and Caprice paper packet. I love the colors - Chocolate, Crystal Blue, Honey and Vanilla Cream. I love the designs in the paper packet - all will work for cardmaking. The heart stamp is intricate but was easy to color with markers. I used a course sanding block on the Honey and Chocolate cardstock. That sanding block takes a little getting used to, because it wants to grab the paper and crumple it up. It works better to sand in one direction rather than using a back and forth motion. If you sand up and down and then across the cardstock, you can achieve a look that resembles fabric. I also used the new Edge Distresser on the Honey cardstock, finding that it works best, too, if you go in one direction. The card could have used an embellishment or two, but I went and jumped the gun and adhered the Chocolate cardstock to the card base before adding something. Next time!

No comments: