Sunday, October 28, 2007

Challenge Fun

This Z-Fold card is a weekend challenge from Beate's Fresh & Fun blog. While I don't go all the way with the challenge and submit my cards, I think they're kind of fun. A Z-Fold card is a 4-1/4 by 11-inch piece of cardstock scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2 inches. The colors I used are Crystal Blue, Moonstruck, and White Daisy. The snowflake stamps I used are from the retiring Winter Reflection set. I stamped the snowflakes on Crystal Blue cardstock with VersaMark and then embossed them with clear embossing powder - and only around the edges of the back "inside." I then went over embossed snowflakes with Moonstruck ink, using a sponge dauber. The sentiment is a wood-mounted stamp (yes, I have a few!) from The Updown Design Company. Finishing the card off is a large snowflake stamped in Moonstruck on a metal-rimmed circle tag. New CTMH Sparkles add just the right amount of "bling." Like leaves and trees, I like snowflakes, too, and have a bit of a problem with several of CTMH's snowflake stamps. Why? Because the so-called "snowflakes" in several sets have more than six points. The fact that each and every snowflake has six points is a bit of a miracle to me, and to see a snowflake stamp with more than six points bugs me. The designs are pretty enough, but they are NOT snowflakes. With that, you know about another of what are my many quirks. Later!

No comments: