Saturday, October 6, 2007

An Idea I Saw Somewhere . . .

This card is based on an idea I saw on another blog. That gal had made her flowers with a scallop punch. Hers were cute. Mine weren't, which is why I resorted to paper flowers. The colors are bright - Watermelon and Citrus Leaf along with some patterned paper that was retired a long time ago. I've got more than a little of that stuff around . . . The card will be perfect for a young niece whose birthday is coming up next month.

My closet is clean and organized, which will make getting dressed every morning a whole lot easier. A surprising amount of stuff that came out of the closet went back into it but in a more orderly fashion. I filled a garbage bag, too, tossing, among other things, a couple pair of worn size 7 jeans that I don't fathom ever squeezing my backside into again.

Right now, I'm torn between stamping and going through stacks of magazines and catalogs. I'm a bit of a magazine junky, and several catalogs turn up in my mailbox almost every day. Currently, I'm looking at several piles of both and know it's time to purge. Oh heck, it's too dark to be toting stacks of paper to the dumpster. I'll stamp instead! There's a gal named Beate with a really cool blog, Fresh & Fun, who posts a card sketch and a challenge every weekend. I think I'll give this week's challenge a whirl. Beate, by the way, has numerous tutorials on her blog and does many of the tutorials for Splitcoast Stampers.

No comments: