Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sidetracked

Before making the challenge card, I had an idea of my own that I wanted to act on, and one card turned into three. I'm thinking I like the white card the best. It's not often anymore that we see cards with so much "white space." It's got a clean, fresh look to it. To stamp the white flower on the black paper, I used the White Daisy pigment ink that was introduced with the summer catalog, and because I did not want to wait for the pigment ink to dry, I embossed it with clear embossing powder. I think I might have liked the card better without the shine of the embossing powder. I also think the embossing powder may have made the ink more transluscent than it would have been had it dried on its own. That's what I get for being so impatient! I used a black Bigger Brad for the center of the red flower and 7mm red rhinestones from the new Sparkles for the centers of the black and white flowers. The stamp set is Treasures of the Heart. I love the sentiments with this set.

No comments: