Friday, October 19, 2007

Squeeze the Charmin if You're So Inclined, But . . .

. . . don't squeeze a reinker! While I didn't scream or as much as raise my voice, there must have been something in the tone of my voice when I said, "Oh, no," that revealed to Marv that something was wrong in Kathi's corner. "What?" he asked. My response was, "I just made the biggest mess I've ever made." The ink from my new Twilight reinker wasn't flowing fast enough, and evidently, I squeezed the bottle a little too hard. As a result, I will live with reminders of my impatience until I repaint my desktop, the walls and the bottom of the shelf above the desk. What a mess!! The photos don't do it justice and only show one side of things. My stamp pad holder sits on the desk on the opposite wall, and I don't think there was more than a half dozen ink pads that were missed by the spray.

Although Kathi's Corner is cleaned up (as much as possible, anyway), my hands and arms are Twilight, my face is speckled, and I have ink on my clothes. Now that it's over, I realize it probably wasn't the biggest mess I've ever dealt with, but it does rank right up there.


Now that I've told my little story (that you're allowed to laugh at), I'm headed for the bathroom where I will deal with my blue body and change my clothes. Then, I'm going to go back to my corner and do whatever it was I was going to do earlier. I won't be using Twilight ink, however, unless I figure out how to de-ink the pad. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi! I just stumbled upon your blog today and wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed it! You have always been an inspiration to me on the CTMH boards so I've loved to see all of the work here that I've never seen. Thanks so much for sharing!

Oh, and sorry, but the reinker story and pics just made me laugh! I know the same thing probably would have happened to me, too!

Have a great day!

jena