Saturday, November 10, 2007

Altered Tea Tin

Here's an altered tin, one of six tea tins I ordered from Specialty Bottle Supply. It's covered with paper from the very pretty Life's Delights paper packet. The tins are 6 inches tall and 2-1/2 inches in diameter. The ribbon is the 3/8-inch natural twill from the Ribbon Rounds White Daisy Collection. I stamped on the ribbon with Chocolate ink. The stamp is from the Happy Birthday set. The cover is decorated with a 2-1/2 inch Chocolate scalloped circle I cut with my Cricut and circles cut from Sweet Leaf and Colonial White using Coluzzle templates. I was going to get rid of my Coluzzle cutting system but thought again while working on this project. The stamps I used on the lid are from the Playful Petals set. As an afterthought, I added a 3/4-inch band of scalloped Chocolate cardstock to the bottom of the tin. To finish it off, I was going to hang some type of charm from the knot but just couldn't come up with the "right" thing. Currently, my tin is empty, but when the time comes, I'll find something to fill it with candy, tea, a half-dozen or so small, homemade cookies, or something of the like. The contents will depend on the recipient. The lid has a nice plastic insert inside that makes it airtight. Later!

No comments: