Saturday, November 10, 2007

Clipboard Revisited

Last weekend, I posted a paper coaster clipboard for the idea factor. I'd found some cute ones on another blog and wanted to put something together quick before I forgot about them. The alligator clips I had on hand were smaller than this one, and as my coasters were only 3-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches square instead of the 4-inch ones used by the original poster, I wanted to come up with a way of making my clipboard larger without purchasing additional coasters (until I do something with the stack I have on hand). Did you know that if you adhere five cardstock shapes on top of each other, you have a piece as sturdy as chipboard? And, that's what I used to revamp my clipboard. I cut five 4-inch squares of Chocolate cardstock, rounded the corners with my corner rounder and glued them together. As I was gluing them together, I realized that if I wanted to save a little $$, I could have used less expensive white cardstock that I buy in bulk for the middle layers. Next time. I think the clipboard is cute and would make a nice "tuck-in" for a card or gift basket. Add a magnetic strip to the back, and you can hang it on the refrigerator or the side of a file cabinet.

No comments: