Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Saw It Somewhere

While exploring other blogs this past week, I saw a card that featured a dimensional flower created with a paper punch. I thought it was cute and didn't bother saving the directions, because I thought I might actually be able to remember them. Now that I accomplished my feat, I wish I'd save the blog so I would know who to credit.

To create my little flower I used the EK Success daisy punch. I punched five flowers and one 5/8-inch circle (for the base) from Blush cardstock. Then it was just to fold the flowers in half and glue them together back to back. When I had the flowers together, I glued the back of the flower to the base, and it was done. I believe a six-petal flower would work the best, because with six, none of the petals have to be folded. The stem and leaves I used are from the Simple Blossoms set, and the paper is two designs from the Life's Delight paper packet. To add a little texture to the Colonial White circle, I second generation stamped a few flourishes from Playful Flourishes in Chocolate ink. The finished card is simple, sweet, and something a little different!

No comments: