Thursday, November 15, 2007

On My Way to Dreamland

While some cards photograph well, others look so much better in person. This card is not nearly as pretty on the computer screen as it is on the desk in front of me. I saw a card similar to this one on another blog, and it was its simplicity that appealed to me. I was drawn to the colors as well. While brown may be the "new black," there are times when I prefer gold old basic black. The green is Sweet Leaf, which is not as bright as it appears in the photo. Garden Green might have been a good choice, too. I stamped five butterflies, three directly on the card front and two more, that I cut out, on scraps. I bent the wings of the cutout butterflies a bit and mounted them to the card with foam mounting tape. The butterfly and sentiment stamps are from the Celebrate Life set.

I'm on my way to bed. Bjorn and Mathias are here tonight, and morning will probably come early, as little Bjorn fell asleep before 6 p.m. With his brother sleeping, Mathias took full advantage of having Grandma and Grandpa all to himself. He kept us running and thoroughly entertained right up until 7:58 when, like a little prince, he went to bed without incident. We read his favorite book, How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?, and said prayers, and after a hug and a kiss or two, he went right to sleep. Some nights are like that. Others require negotiation. Kids are anything but predictable, which is part of what makes them so delightful. Enjoy your Friday. I know I will simply because it is Friday!

No comments: