Friday, November 23, 2007

Something Different

After my last card, I decided I best leave Christmas alone for a day or so and do something different. This card was made with the Celebrate Stamp set and Life's Delights paper packet. The ink colors are Lilac Mist, Blush, Hollyhock, and Sweet Leaf. The brown that coordinates with Life's Delights is Chocolate. I stamped the butterflies onto Lilac Mist cardstock using Cocoa ink. It's a little softer than black. I didn't think Chocolate was dark enough. I took the Edge Distresser to the background pieces, using a light touch. I also distressed the edges of the Colonial White stamp piece with Bamboo ink, again going easy.

This is probably my last card for tonight, as Marv's sisters are in town, and we're going out for a while. Our niece's husband is in a band that's playing in the establishment/bar where we're going, so I'm anticipating a headache. It won't be from beverage either. While good, this particular band is extremely loud. I guess I'll have to tuck a couple of aspirin in my pocket, grin and bear it . . .

While I have lots to do this weekend, I'll be back. It's like therapy. One more thing, this card didn't evoke any memories. However, if I had to come up with something or someone it reminds me of, I would have to say that my grandma comes to mind. I don't know why.

No comments: