Sunday, December 16, 2007

Are You Ready for Some Easter?

No, you say? I didn't think so. I can't say I'm ready to start thinking about Easter either. Nevertheless, this great stamp set, Eastertime, is January's Stamp of the Month, and it's been in my possession for more than two weeks. I've been itching to play with it since the moment I saw it, and tonight, I finally gave in to my desires. I'm glad CTMH is promoting this stamp set in January, too, because Easter is on March 23rd next year. Ash Wednesday is on February 6, which, as we all know, will be here before we know it. I was excited to see the basketweave background stamp with this set. For this card, I stamped it with Desert Sand ink on a Bamboo background. Most of the rest of the colors came from the Color Guide - Key Lime, Lilac Mist, and Breeze. Needing a third color for the eggs, I brought Baby Pink into the mix, and I stamped "happy" and backed the Easter piece with Spring Iris. I don't know if I like the card or not but don't think it's bad for my first attempt with this set. I've certainly done worse . . . Usually, I lean toward the soft pastels for Easter cards, so I'll have to play around a little more to see what I come up with. It's not going to be tonight, however, as I'm turning in early. I have a big week at work and a huge week at home with so much Christmas to do. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll be back. A little project now and then in Kathi's Corner keeps me sane. Have a good week!

1 comment:

scrappernic said...

WOW! I LOVE this card! I need to work on my swap cards with this set and I haven't had a chance to--maybe today. I love how you did the basket weave stamp background and cut out the images--FABULOUS!