Friday, December 28, 2007

Diagnosis: Holiday Hangover

Catchy title for my post, isn't it. No, I have not been drinking. I'm just out of kilter. That's all. I tried to stamp last night, but nothing was working, so I gave up. It was hard to focus at work the past three days, not to say that there was all that much that required my attention. The electronic industry slows down this time of year. Any press releases that hadn't been distributed prior to December 20 were held until after the first of the year. With New Year's "cutting up" next week, I don't know but what it won't be the second week of January before I am back on track again.

We're going to my sister and brother-in-law's house about 45 miles away to celebrate Christmas with my family tomorrow. We have the boys with us tonight, because we figured that the two of us will have an easier time getting the boys up, dressed and going in the morning that their daddy would have on his own. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

I talked to my mom on Christmas Day. All of us pooled our money and bought her a computer and printer for Christmas. She scrapbooks (beautifully, I might add), doesn't like her handwriting (like everyone else) and always admires the computer-generated journaling of others. At 75 and with no computer experience, she is going to need some encouragement. Most colleges offer a free computer classes for seniors, which might be a wise thing to check into as well. I'd never touched a computer myself prior to going to work at the newspaper 10-1/2 years ago, and I didn't use it for anything more than a word processor up until about six years ago. She can learn, and when she does, she'll feel great about it!

Enough jabber for now. I'm in charge of punch/beverage tomorrow, and I need to make a trip to the store to buy the ingredients for the new recipe I'm going to try. Perhaps when I get home, I'll see if I can make something happen in Kathi's Corner. We'll see . . .

No comments: