Saturday, December 15, 2007

Getting Ready for Some New Stuff . . .

Every four months when the new Close To My Heart catalog comes out, I always make an effort to make sure I've made at least one card with stamps that I haven't gotten around to using yet from the previous catalog.

Star Struck was probably the first set in the last book to really catch my eye but not so much for cardmaking but rather for scrapbooking pictures of little boys. What could be better than a collection of circles, stars, and arrows to complement photos of boys? The sad thing is that I haven't done a scrapbook page since I started this blog. Can you guess what one of my New Year's resolutions is? With a gift certificate I had from Michael's from my birthday, I did run in today and purchase a couple of books - Papercraft's The Ultimate Paper Crafts Collection and Simple Scrapbooks' Scrapbooks Made Easy. If I'm ever to catch up, scrapbooking is going to have to be easy.

Before I go curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and my new books, I give you the details of the card. The colors are Outdoor Denim, Autumn Terracotta, and New England Ivy. The cardstock is from the discontinued Naturals collection. When I run out, I'm going to have to find a replacement source for paper similar to it, as it's a favorite, particularly for masculine cards.

That's it for tonight. If I'm creative tomorrow, I will most likely be back. I'm noting that the "blogosphere" is slowing down a bit. There are as many regular bloggers posting, and there aren't as many looking at blogs. 'Tis the season to be busy. Fa la la la la, la la la la.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathi you are starting to scare me! LOL How on earth do you find all the time to post and make cards - are you ready for Christmas too? EEK I am SO BEHIND!