Friday, December 14, 2007

Weak . . .

When a friend saw my Elzybells, she had to have them, too, and because she's not computer savvy and an Internet shopper, I volunteered to order them for her, enabler that I am. To keep my story short, I'll just say that in the ordering process, I saw a couple more that I just had to have for myself. "Deck the Halls" was one of them. Isn't she cute?

To prove how practical I am, I did recycle the tin. I don't know where it came from our how long I've had it, but it was the perfect size (2 inches tall and 3-1/2 inches in diameter) for this little project. The bottom of the tin is covered with a 1-1/2 by 10-1/2 inch strip of patterned paper from the Everlasting paper packet. I stamped "Merry Christmas" on the natural twill ribbon. I love that one can stamp so easily on that ribbon.

The red and green (Cranberry and Ponderosa Pine) circles for the lid were cut with Coluzzle templates and the 2-1/2 inch circle was cut with my Cricut. I colored the image with markers and a blending pen. I used a silver and glitter gel pens on the light sockets and star at the top of the tree. Liquid glass was used to make the ornaments look like glass.

Now, I just need to come up with a little treasure to place inside the box so that I can give it to someone. Actually, I need to find a lot of treasures over the course of the next few days. Maybe I'll get a little shopping done tomorrow when Grandpa and I take the boys to Grand Forks on what I'm calling a "holiday adventure." To my disappointment, we decided to skip the Holiday Train this year. It wasn't scheduled to get into town until between 8 and 9 o'clock which is well past Bjorn and Mathias' bedtime. Couple that with the fact that it's like a deep freeze outside, and common sense prevailed. Instead, we'll take in the sights and sounds of the season in a nice warm mall tomorrow. Maybe we'll run into Santa there!

No comments: