Friday, January 11, 2008

Quick Card

My sweet husband is trying to drag me out the door, giving me just enough time for a quick card and post. I'm going to have to find this guy a 9 to 5 job, so that he appreciates the value of staying home! I saw this card design somewhere and thought it was cool. The one I saw was probably a little more jazzed up than this one, but this one works as far as I'm concerned, and it really did take less than five minutes to make. The 4-1/2 by 5-inch card base is Colonial White. The striped paper (from the Creative Basics Silhouette Collection) measures 2-1/8 by 5-1/2. I found the center the strip and used a 1-11/16 inch paper punch to punch my half circle. I distressed the Colonial White with my Bamboo ink pad, using a light touch. The Hollyhock flowers are from the Just Blooms Autumn Daisy collection. The brad is a Black Bigger Brad. Because I didn't want the back of the brad to show on the inside of my card, I just used it to hold the flowers together and then attached the assembled flower to the card with a Glue Dot. The sentiment, stamped in black, is from the Because of You set. And, why am I celebrating today (besides the fact that it's Friday, of course!)? Because you are my friend! With that, I'm on my way out the door. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: