Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another Sketch Challenge

This is my take on Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge sketch. It's nothing fancy. I just had a hankering to use this stamp set one more time this year (the tulip makes it a little springy), and I really wanted to make a card using plaid paper. I colored the stamped images with my blending pen and ink from my ink pad. No new technique there! It just happens to be one of my favorites instead.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Cocoa, Bamboo, and Barn Red cardstock; Sarsaparilla paper packet; Stampin' Up Porcelain Prints designer paper (retired); Black, Cocoa, Barn Red, Olive, Petal, Brown Bag, Twilight, Chocolate, Autumn Terracotta, and Sunflower ink pads; Stampin' Up Blooming with Love and CTMH Say it in Style stamp sets; Cocoa grosgrain ribbon; Antiqued copper mini brads; Dimensional Elements Bookplates; Dove blending pen; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide and Mat; Sanding block.


I'm still playing around with Windows Live Writer and am seeing some advantages. For example, you should be able to click on a link, and it will open a new window verses closing my blog and your having to hit the back button. The Spell Check is awesome, providing the opportunity to add words to one's personal dictionary that aren't otherwise recognized. For example, cardstock no longer comes up as a misspelled word. If my image doesn't appear right with this one, I see that I can go in and reset the default sizes for a small, medium, or large photo. Excellent! I'm sure there are other fun and useful things to figure out as well, and because it's relatively easy, it's making this not-so-computer-savvy granny feel like she's pretty darned smart.


For now, I really need to get my butt off the computer and get something done around here. Yesterday, was my lazy day. I hope you're enjoying your Sunday. Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your coloring is so nice! I tried coloring and image yesterday and threw it away in frustration. It looked like one of the girls colored it! Actually they color better! Ah well...guess it keeps me humble, huh?

Anyway, love the coloring and the plaid.

You are playing more with Live Writer than I am right now and probably know more about it than I do by now. You are one smart cookie!

Kathryn said...

So pretty -- love the plaid paper!
The stamped image is lovely - :)

Taylor said...

So pretty! Great colors and I love that image! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!