Sunday, November 9, 2008

That Tree Again

If I were ever to see a Juniper-colored sky, I'd probably brace myself for a storm. Nevertheless, it's pretty for card making. I'm sure glad Lisa showed me what to do with this tree stamp! I'd copy every last thing that girl does if I had an ounce of her flair. Once in a while, I get brave enough to try. LOL.

This is another card that's prettier in person because sparkle just doesn't photograph all that well. And, before I forget to mention it, I came across a package of 3x4-inch removable multi-purpose labels (Avery brand) in my stash and discovered the are great for masking. For the snow, I tore the label and stuck it to my cardstock. I cut the moon stencil with a one-inch circle punch. Nothing moved, and when I was done sponging, the masked peeled right off. About that moon, it should have been a half-inch or so higher. Next time. Again, I used a white gel pen to do some outlining on the trees. Then, I went over the tree branches and most of the snowflakes with a clear glitter gel pen. After I got it stamped, I realized that it "needed" something and ended up using white organdy ribbon. I'm happy enough. I also realized that I needed the skinniest of black mats under my image to make it "pop" against the Juniper background piece. That explains it . . . I think. You know you can ask if I missed something.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Juniper cardstock; Juniper ink pad; Four Seasons and Say it in Style stamp sets; White organdy ribbon; White and clear glitter gel pens; Avery removable labels (for masking).

I made my little jaunt to the grocery store and Walmart. I know have "good" food, some new ribbon, a supply of adhesive, and a stamp set that I saw yesterday on an enabling friend's blog. Two guesses, Jeanne! And, don't apologize either. Oh yea, I bought the wash clothes that were the reason I went to Walmart. Those darned things disappear like socks around here. Obviously, my hunter just carries them off and leaves them somewhere. Enough jabber. I'm off to have some lunch and then do something constructive. Have a great afternoon! Later!!!

6 comments:

Tiff said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!

Laurel said...

So pretty!

Tracy said...

Just beautiful!!!

Jeanne said...

This is fantastic! You have the flair, my dear...oh yes you do! Love it!

Your Walmart had the Christmas tree stamp set? Wow! I saw some Christmas punches today...but no stamps. Maybe your store stocks faster than mine does...

Instead of apologizing how about a whoo-hoo for you instead?! LOL

The Closet Crafter said...

I always check your blog before I go to bed, but the last couple of days I've been under the weather. Now look at all the great stuff I missed while in bed. I absolutly love this card! I am totaly going to try it.
Thank you for sharing all your fantastic cards.

Lisa Stenz said...

Ooo. Your card is beautiful. I think i am going to lift it right back. I love the masking. Thanks also for your super sweet comment about my "talent." My "talent" is almost 100% inspired by someone else. Many times it is you!! *Ü*