Friday, December 26, 2008

Recovery Continues

Did I use the word "afterglow" in my last post? Excuse me, I meant "aftermath." Just kidding . . . kind of. Aftermath denotes disaster. There was nothing disastrous about Christmas, but obviously it requires some recovery time - for me anyway. I'm still bushed.

The card is my take on Taylor's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #48. When I was in Michael's in Grand Forks earlier this week, I picked up the Cuttlebug flower dies that coordinate with this flower set from Papertrey Ink. The urge to play with them was the inspiration for the card. That was fun. The flowers are mounted with foam tape. The stems were created with faux stitching. The finished result is, as little Mathias would say, "not my favorite." Looking at it, I don't think the background should have been green. Oh well, it's been a while since I've shown you something I hate. LOL. Besides, come morning, I might think it's a masterpiece.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Hollyhock, and Cocoa cardstock; Magic Moments paper packet; Hollyhock, Garden Green, Goldrush, and Cocoa ink pads; Papertrey Ink Floral Frenzy and Whipper Snapper Designs Blooming Expressions stamp sets; Hollyhock mini brads; Stampin' Up clear buttons; Cocoa Waxy Flax; Cuttlebug w/Flower die set; Stampin' Up Photo Corners punch; 1/2-inch circle punch; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat; 3M foam mounting tape.

Sweet Sharli left a message on my last post, telling me that I'm amazing. Not so, my friend. Today, I was as human as one gets. Cantankerous, cranky, cross are all good words. While he wasn't dumb enough to say it out loud, I'm certain the word "battle-axe" crossed the husband's mind. I believe it all started this morning when I heard him telling the little guys, "Go see what Grandma wants to make you for breakfast." I'd just opened my eyes, and wanted to reply, "Does Grandpa have lead in his butt?" In the presence of children, I refrained and got up and accommodated them. They got breakfast with a smile, and Grandpa got a glare - the first of several I aimed his way throughout the day. Bjorn and Mathias were a little out of sorts today, too. Like me, they've seen a lot of activity in the past few days, and the fact they were up late last night fell asleep on the way home at 6 p.m. this evening might have been an indication that they, too, were overtired.

Tonight, I'm better thanks to the mailman and a faraway - but close to my heart - friend who, I believe, has an almost mystical knack of lifting me out of the doldrums. Jeanne, you are a blessing!

As for tomorrow, even though there's lots to do, my intention is to do it at my own pace. Perhaps, the afterglow will even set in. LOL. With that bit of silliness, I hope yours was a good day and that tomorrow is, too. I'll catch you then . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed seeing your beautiful designs on your blog, Kathi! Have a RESTful weekend...maybe you can play with some new papers & stamps! Happy New Year from Jane in Missouri!