Thursday, December 25, 2008

Taking a Deep Breath and Letting it Out Slowly . . .

I don't know about you, but after a most magnificent day, I'm pooped. Because Dustin and Miranda were going to her grandparents early this afternoon, we had brunch at 10:30. The meal was simple enough - a hash-browns and sausage breakfast casserole, a fresh fruit compote, and cheese baking powder biscuits - all made using new recipes, which was kind of fun. Gift opening was fun. One of the highlights was giving Cameron a sweater that he actually liked, although I didn't think I could go wrong with a crew-neck black cashmere. It was fun, too, when I tossed each of them their "canned cash." They didn't quite know what to make of the packaging and once opened, all were curious about how I'd done it. Bjorn and Mathias, of course, were thrilled with everything. So much so, that at the dinner table tonight, Bjorn said, "I really wish we could have Christmas every day!" "Me, too!" Mathias chimed in. And, that made it all worthwhile.

As for this evening's card, it's an "easy-does-it" - some pretty paper and simple stamping.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Juniper, and Cocoa cardstock; Perfect Day paper packet; Juniper and Cocoa ink pads; Inspiration and Happy Birthday stamp sets; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

Because Cameron has to work tomorrow, the little guys stayed here tonight and will spend the day with us tomorrow. I'm anticipating a relatively low-key day. For now, I'm going to put my tired butt to bed. I hope your holiday was as special as ours and that you have the opportunity to bask in the afterglow. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful post and lovely card. I'm so tickled to hear about your holiday. I'm also impressed that you actually made into your corner and created something so terrific after a full day!

Hugs
1

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

Thank you for sharing your holiday celebration with me! It brought a huge smile and even a laugh out loud about "wishing Christmas could be every day"! I love your card, too. You are absolutely amazing!!!

Sharli - CTMH, AZ