Friday, February 6, 2009

Just Checkin' In

Happy Friday! While I'm still on the disabled list, there is light at the end of the tunnel. My one-man Geek Squad removed my hard drive tonight and took it to his house where he retrieved the data and placed it on his iPod. He also wiped my hard drive with plans to reinstall Windows XP tomorrow. Then I can begin the process of starting over with regard installing software, etc. While I can imagine it will be a tedious affair, I will have my photographs back, which is all I really care about. I've also learned a little lesson about taking technology for granted and not listening to those who know more than I do. As soon as I have some photo editing software installed, I will have a card or two to show you. Between now and then, enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the update. Here's hoping you'll be up and sharing again soon. What a bummer this had to happen, though. Good luck getting everything re-installed...been there, done that, so I KNOW!

Hugs!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you will be up and running soon. I truly enjoy reading your blog as well as all the beautiful ideas you share. Be patient and everything will come back together. Speaking from experience! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

I'm just now reading that you've been through a similar computer nightmare to mine! I'm so sorry!!!

My "issues" started the night of the Superbowl. I think the gremlins were loose.

I've read more recent posts that this one and am glad that you situation is improving. Mine, too, although I need to finish some details.

Sharli - CTMH AZ