Saturday, September 29, 2007

Two Tents and a Window

After making the bib card, I decided to try a couple of tent cards. They're obviously easier. The decision as to whether to make a tent card or a bib card would probably be determined by the occasion. For a special birthday card, I'd take the time to make a bib card. Tent cards would be fine for party invitations. You can't tell by the photo, but the "Witchy" card (which could be my signature card tonight - I don't know why) is actually a window card. I cut the window using the Coluzzle. The character stamps are all from the new Little Spooks set. For the background on the "Count" card, I used the Hallow-scream word set, inking them right on their acetate sheet and using it like one big stamp. It's a little tricky. You have to make sure you press over each individual word to get a good image. The background on the "Franky" card was created with the new Black Scrubble tool (see page 37 in the catalog) using all of the green inks in the Summer collection. For the tone-on-tone stripes on my signature card, I used a stamp from the Fabric Finishes set. All of the images were colored with markers - Grey Wool, Hydrangea, Citrus Leaf, Ocean, Orange, and Sunny Yellow. The witch's hair is Brown Bag, and I used Vanilla Cream for her skin.

Now, I'd best go work myself out of my witchy mood. It was a quiet day. I cleaned a little, stamped a little, blogged a little, and took a little nap. I didn't even go downstairs to get the mail. Maybe it was too quiet.

No comments: